Chinese-Forums

positive, negative or nonsense?

ZC

Given the sentence: 关于这里没有词。 Does the situation sound good bad or is the sentence unintelligible? This is what I imagine might roughly translate as “there are no words” which I usually assume is good in English.

Unintelligible to me.  Mainly because you've used 这里 (referring to a location) rather than 这个 (referring to a thing).

A direct translation of "there are no words" could be 关于这个我无语了, but that would almost certainly be negative.

It's hard to recommend something better without more context, but 不可思议 might be more appropriate.

关于这里没有词 doesn't really make sense to me. If you mean "there are no words" in a sort of poetic / profound way - the sort of thing you might say at the end of a funeral or some significant event where you are unable to verbalise your feelings or the magnitude of the event then something like 没有什么可以形容我的心情 would probably be appropriate.

A friend just told me after explaining briefly that the better phrase is “文字不能表达……” and is typically positive but not necessarily so (you could use it at a wedding or a funeral and both would not be shocking) at least that is my understanding now.

“Over here at the “關於“ there’s no word(s)”

okay smarty pants.