Chinese-Forums

Pinyin to Chinese convertor (and vice versa)

Sinisa

1 minute ago, Sinisa said:

After getting there, one can revisit all learned material regarding Hanzi. Think about it.

I did, and decided that would be like starting over again and that doing it along side pinyin was much more preferable.

One thing that may have been mentioned but I might have missed, is that when you use characters it is much easier to distinguish between homophones because most of the time the character is different (not always, but mostly) this makes reading a lot less frustrating.

I knew the day that I was reading a pinyin text and thought to myself "This would be much easier written in characters" that characters were the way to go and except when learning new words I try to avoid pinyin.

• Helpful 1

59 minutes ago, Sinisa said:

Regarding Pleco, why the OCR module must be bought, when both Google Translate and Bing Translator offer it for free?

Google and Microsoft have multi-billion dollar revenue streams from other products that they can use to subsidize such tools and their research and development.  Pleco, not so much.

• Like 2