Chinese-Forums

Help finding an old thread

anonymoose

A few years ago (maybe 3ish) someone posted some photos here from a farm in the middle of nowhere rural China where they had stayed with a family that they had arranged online. I tried searching for that thread but I don't remember any details specifically enough to find it. Does anyone remember? Any help finding the thread? I have a month of free time coming up very shortly and may like to try something like that. I seem to recall the poster provided details of how he arranged it.

I remember this post, but now that I see it again I don't see anything about it being a homestay.

Anything else you remember about that thread? Any stupid detail can help (I found the above post because I remembered something about throwing trash in the river).

• Helpful 3

5 hours ago, Lu said:

I remember this post, but now that I see it again I don't see anything about it being a homestay.

Yes! That was it! Thanks, Lu. I just seemed to remember it was something like a homestay - not far off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anonymoose said:

3 years ago to the day!

Ha, that's impressive :-D

I now see that Stapler made a few more posts after the one I linked, explaining how he did it, so it's not just pictures as I first thought.