Chinese-Forums

FWP, Sorry. Bringing PS4 to China from Australia?

lakesandrivers

Sure, I love the outdoors but sometimes a fully modded Fallout 4 is wacky and funny as hell. And my studies will be for six years.

As carry-on, though PS4 Pro seems quite heavy. Should I bring its cables along with me in case I get asked to power it up? How about the games: Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4. They are violent ... if compared to Mario Odyssey.

Or is it too much of a hassle? I could leave it with my mom (might be good mental exercise) and get the next iteration of the console when it comes out in 100 years ...

I don’t quite understand your issue. It’s not illegal to own/buy gaming consoles in China. The government originally banned distribution of consoles in 2000, but there were always a grey market for those, and eventually they lift the ban in 2014, so both MS and Sony appeared in the market with the XBox One and PS4 in early 2015. No official authority will ask you to power up it, neither they will check your games, as I guess all the mentioned games were released in China (not really sure about Fallout 4, though).

Even before the ban, no one cared about foreigners having consoles. When I was studying in China, my Korean classmates brought their PS3 slim to the dorm, and we often played Tekken 6, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Street Fighter 4 and FIFA... One thing to note is that you can only sign in to a Chinese PSN account in China, so if you have a PSN account at another region, it won’t work, unless you use VPN.