Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Changing a student visa to a tourist visa without leaving China


Recommended Posts

  • New Members
I am an exchange student in china right now. I came for one year, my visa will expire at the end of June. But I want to stay in China for the summer to travel. But since i am not studying in China in the fall I cannot extend my student visa past July. I want to stay until end of August. Is there a way for me to switch my student visa to a tourist visa without leaving china? Do I have to go to hongkong to apply for new visa or can i do it in mainland china? Or is there another way to extend my student visa? 
Thanks in advance!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your student visa can be converted to an unrenewable exit visa (normally no more than 30 days) in your city. 

Since you prefer to stay until the end of August, you'd better go to HK to apply for a tourist visa. This visa can be renewed later in China mainland. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...