Chinese-Forums

Picture translation

Ferdinand

The top two characters are indeed 成功 success. Below is some fanciful language in fanciful characters about success that would take some effort to put into good English. (Best responses here are usually for translations that can be done quickly, or where there's some real value in the translation.)

• New Members

I asked if someone could translate it, not if someone could write 5 sentences about the level of difficulty or come with a subjective opinion about the importance of this translation. 

If you would like nothing but a translation maybe you should find a translator and pay them to do it for you.

You have asked people on this forum to do you a favour, to spend their time free of charge to help you, there is no need to be ungrateful for whatever help you get.

Part of the reason someone might translate it might be because it is interesting or that other people on the forum may learn something.

It might take more than one person to piece it together, so be patient.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 1:15 PM, Ferdinand said:

I asked if someone could translate it, not if someone could write 5 sentences about the level of difficulty or come with a subjective opinion about the importance of this translation. 

I hope a native speaker steps in to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it says something about achieving greater success at getting people to do things for free if you don't act entitled.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2018 at 1:15 AM, Ferdinand said:

I asked if someone could translate it

in the hope that this motivational scroll might help you become a better person, here is a mini translation:

咸事功在明達

all things can be achieved by showing good sense and understanding

Rule number one for this part of the forum: ask nicely. Calling people names and getting angry if a quick translation is not forthcoming is a good way to piss the members off, but not a good way to get a full translation of anything. I'm closing this thread. I'm surprised that a simple request like this can get so out of hand so quickly.