Chinese-Forums

About Chinese nationalism

chengcui

• New Members

Hi everyone!

I need a help about the subject that is called chinese nationalism. I am writing thesis about it and i think i 'm stuck it . can someone help me ? Any useful website? useful pdf? 

Thanks A lot,

Sincerely,

Chengcui

Hi Chengcui, welcome to the forums! Can you be more specific about what kind of information you need? Chinese nationalism is a very broad topic, and you probably already know a lot about it. What is your thesis about? Where exactly are you getting stuck?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chengcui said:

I need a help about the subject that is called chinese nationalism. I am writing thesis about it and i think i 'm stuck it . can someone help me ? Any useful website? useful pdf? 

https://www.chinese-forums.com/forums/topic/56610-patriotic-education/?tab=comments#comment-438042 

If you are interested in reading the article to which my post refers, I will send you a link. 

• Like 1

Excuse me for being somewhat less charitable to a new member of the forum, but there used to be a saying on forums (and "bulletin boards" back in the day)... "Do your own homework".

If you're genuinely writing a "thesis" (like for a masters or a PhD), it's very unlikely indeed that you are actually "stuck".

If you're an undergraduate or high school student who doesn't know how to do research and is posting on a forum because you haven't bothered speaking to your tutors, then that's a bit different.

What kind of help are you expecting from us here,  @chengcui?

• Helpful 1

chengcui, as others have said, your topic is a very big one. If it's a thesis, surely you have an idea what focus you intend to give the topic. Please tell us. 

If you are writing about the modern period, your approach may depend to some extent on where you are in the world; if you are writing in China, a thesis that largely emulates Chen Zhimin's thoroughly positive spin on nationalism will certainly pass muster; at the other extreme, adopting the stance taken in the essay 新世纪大陆爱国主义的转向 by a certain Liu Xiaobo may send you directly to jail. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, imron said:

@Alex_Hart, you should write his thesis!

Judging from his one and only post, I'm sure the OP is paying top dollar. Signed up to post one question, then didn't bother to return and read the answers. Does not strike me as the behavior of a serious scholar. 

10 hours ago, imron said:

@Alex_Hart, you should write his thesis!

I have my own thesis to write ?

I agree that it's not a serious question, but hey why not answer anyway. Maybe other people will choose to comment and the conversation will morph into something totally different, like the recent thread on "you need to have a really good reason to study Chinese" morphing into "what is history" or "what Canadians think of hockey" or "hugs" instead. Maybe the OP will return and say something interesting. Or maybe the thread will just die, only to be resurrected in seven years by a random person who wants to discuss Chinese nationalism. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • New Members

Hey guys!

Thank you for your all interestings! The comments that you all write is right. I beg your pardon that İ did not mention about spesific area. 

Firstlt, I am writing thesis for my master degree. and my subject  consists of  1912 from today. I actually search for  mostly Xi Jiping period. I really do not have much information about that.

Thank you!