Chinese-Forums

Looking for a good hangout spot in Haikou

Billysgun

• New Members

Hello there, I am new to this platform. and I am wondering is there a good hangout spot in Haikou for expat. I am born local, but I move to Canada when I was young. this year I got a internship in Haikou for two months, and want to make some friend while I stay here. 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

I don't know the answer to your question but as a Canadian born Brit I wondered what part of Canada you are in, I was born in Montreal.

I hope someone will answer your question, there are a lot of people from all over on the forums.

• Like 1

Billy,

I see Haikou has a Starbucks. I recommend hanging out at Starbucks. The staff at Starbucks in China usually speak some English. And it is a place where other foreigners will commonly hang out. Last time I checked a member's card was 100 RMB but you eventually start earning free drinks so it pays to have one in the long run. (They have a small hot chocolate, but it is not on the menu, 17 RMB, just ask for it.)