Chinese-Forums

Concentrated SRS

JustinJJ

Hi there,

When I'm reading I like to note key new words and then look them up later (usually ~10 words over an hour or so of reading) . Are there any SRS apps that will provide a concentrated SRS, where rather than SRSing over days/weeks/months, I'll get asked to review a number of times over a day (or two max) via push notifications and then have the word be automatically deleted?

I want to avoid having a long list of words stuck in a deck, but rather ingrain them in my memory quickly and then let my reading be the 'spaced repitition' from that point.

Thank you

(Note that the reason I don't want to keep the words after two days is that most new words are not too high frequency e.g. today they were 戒律,曼陀罗,方才,亦即,驾崩)

Pleco has filters you can apply to a profile so it will no longer show you cards after you have reviewed them a certain number of times.

For example, I have a profile that I use for learning new cards, and have a filter so it only reviews each card once.

After I've added a bunch of cards for the day, then I'll go through that profile, which only has a front-side card that shows everything (headword, pronunciation, Chinese meaning) and then I review each card carefully to cement the meaning in my memory.  Once reviewed, those cards will never show up in the 'New Word Profile' again, but they are automatically added to my other review profiles (one with the word on the front and pronunciation and Chinese meaning on the back, and one with the pronunciation on the front and the word and Chinese meaning on the back) so I see them again then.

You should be able to set something up so that you only review a card a max of 2 times or 4 times or whatever, and also set the review interval to be shorter than the default (or even not use SRS at all but one of the other scheduling algorithms).

• Like 1