Chinese-Forums

Need apartment for the month of September in Beijing

phatsandy

Hi,

I am a female, 25, travelling through China.I am looking for an apartment for the month of September in the Haidian District. I can pay 1,000 rmb for a month.

I am going to be doing some academic research at a university in beijing, and want cheap accomodation.

Thank you. best.

Hi' date='

I am a female, 25, travelling through China.I am looking for an apartment for the month of September in the Haidian District. I can pay 1,000 rmb for a month.

I am going to be doing some academic research at a university in beijing, and want cheap accomodation.

Thank you. best.[/quote']

hei ,there , that's cool . but according to objective situation , i think you should

prepare 6000RMB for September. you have better find a suitable hotel in the University. more safe , more quiet. if you want cheap apartment, like 1000/month

that seem to be very hard. beacuse it's too cheap .i think no one would like hire

room to you. beijing is not western city , there is no backpack, or youth hotel.

unless , you will probably meet enthusiastic guys , but acceptting their help , it is not good opt . if me , i will feel unsafe. so. i suggest you should prepare

more money for living . you can travel the whole country ,i don't belive you just

save little bit money for next month. as my mom told me "穷家富路" 嘛. :shock:8):wink::nono:nono:nono:nono

It'll be tricky to find somewhere for only one month, but not impossible. Have a look at, and place an ad in, thatsbj.com - nobody really looks for one month rentals, but you may find someone who is away for the summer, or just got a new apartment and hasn't found roommates.

There are (contrary to the above) plenty of youth hostels in Beijing now - the budget accomodation options have multiplied in recent years. However, none of them are particularly close to Haidian - all the ones I know of are in the center. You could commute fairly easily though, or negotiate a monthly rate at a Haidian hotel, if you can't find an apartment.

Another option would be a homestay - you'll see adverts on thatsbj.com.

Roddy