Chinese-Forums

Anyone Use Viki's Learn Mode?

pelMel

• New Members

Hello!

This is my first post, so I wanted to make it a helpful one since I've gotten so much help lurking through these forums.

There are a few posts on Viki, but I don't know if anyone has been there recently to notice that they now have a "learning mode" on some shows (usually the older and more popular ones).

It's like fluent u but better, and I've really been enjoying using this as a productive and fun break when I'm studying.

Basically, If there are both english and chinese subs, you can not only see both at once, but there's a popover dictionary for definitions and you can even loop a line if you want to practice it.

This is viki's intro to it; the list at the bottom hasn't been updated, there a a few more shows available now.

https://support.viki.com/hc/en-us/articles/231829048

PS I swear I don't work for viki, its just cheaper than fluent u and waaaay better, imho.

• Like 2

Hey

I have used Rakuten in the past to watch 欢乐颂 large parts of the program subtitles were sometimes missing.. but I think since it licenses it’s content the quality it generally very good.. so I think I might download the app and try some more shows.

is there anything in particular you were watching that you would recommend? Do you use the mobile app or the website?

• New Members

I use the website, and I'm pretty addicted to the historical dramas. Nirvana in Fire is one of my faves so far. It's not the most extensive selection but the learning feature makes it really useful for me.