Chinese-Forums

join me to make English video on hot words?

Bibu

Anyone would like to join me to make videos ? this video is for Mandarin learners, supposed to be a weekly video , introduce 1 or 2 hot mandarin words/phrases that surfaces in recent weeks.

Partners would be doing planning, shooting video(a good mobile phone or webcam is must to have), post-production of the clips.

Here is a very draft version you can check of, and leave your message if like to join , only comment is welcome either.

https://youtu.be/QcGs-9WpqN4

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wish to be discouraging but it seems a lot of work for no reward.

If there is a hot word I wouldn't watch a 10 min pod cast. All I would want is 10seconds to look at the word and example sentences. If I think it's useful I just put that into my flashcard system 

Also I don't think it's useful actively searching for these words. It's better to come across then naturally, in wechat conversions, web blogs,  forums, conversations etc then check the meaning . The frequency (and widespread usage) of them appearing, means by definition they are "hot words". Further a word might be just used by a particular age group or particular sex  thus making them inappropriate for someone who doesn't fit into that category to use. Same with English. It sounds cringy when a Chinese person  uses black American slang.

• Like 1

@艾墨本

good point, if i am repeating others, better stop it now. I would look around other's and have a 2nd thought.

@DavyJonesLocker

A bit discouraging .Anyhow, many thanks.

The video is for others, as well as for myself. It looks the audiance is quite small, myabe myself only. I will think again. Thanks..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bibu said:

A bit discouraging .Anyhow, many thanks.

The video is for others, as well as for myself. It looks the audiance is quite small, myabe myself only. I will think again. Thanks..

Its only one opinion though, don't let that put you off! Many people might like these type of podcast.i should add that I don't like ANY podcast across many disciplines so I might be an outlier in my opinions

@roddy

Make a lot of  sense, but writing is not my cup of tea. Thanks!

@DavyJonesLocker

Thanks pal,  I am not so easily affected,  I am still good so far, LOL.  Your input  sounds not so good , but I know it is the best remedy, 苦口良药.  Comments is always warmly welcomed. BTW, the hot words video turns out to be a bit difficult for me,  from choosing the topic, how to interpret etc., so maybe you are correct.

• Like 1