Chinese-Forums

Interesting extensions for Mozilla firefox

trusmis

First, Mozilla Firefox is a web browser that (in my opinion) is much much better than Internet Explorer, you can know more about it here:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

I do recommend it even if you are not interested in the extensions below.

One of the good things that it have are a good system to make extensions, if you look for "chinese" in the extension page you get this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/quicksearch.php?q=chinese&section=E

I've installed the 3 first extensions (related to chinese language) and do recommend the first one.

It's an additional toolbar in the browser where it's displayed the meaning of the characters that are under the cursor and the meaning of some very simple sentences. So you only need to move the mouse

Also the gtranslate extension is pretty good, it translated very complicated sentences but you must select them with the mouse and click the right button. It's more tiresome.

Firefox extensions are cool.

I've been using HanziBar, Moji and gTranslate - quite cool. All 3 can be used for Chinese and Japanese. Moji is more for Japanese but it gives Mandarin and Korean pronunciation of characters.

Also I installed XHTML Ruby support. You can use it to view files with tags, it's like Furigana in Japanese (pronunciation given in small hiragana letters on top of the kanji). Rubu support is a default feature in MS IE but for Firefox you need to install this plug-in.