Chinese-Forums

Trying to find specific tv series

Karl Hungus

I am trying to find a specific tv series that I had a small role in 20 years ago when I was living in Nanjing. I forgot the name, and I only have some rough details about where/when it was shot and what it was about. I tried to get people to find it for me on fiverr.com, but no luck. Does anyone have tips on how I should go about finding it? 

Thanks.

This is what i know:

- some of it was shot in Nanjing in late 1998 or early 1999

- it was a modern/contemporary drama(?) series (as opposed to the kind of historical series that were quite popular at the time, and probably still is)

- one scene took place in what was supposed to be an American courtroom. I think one (side?) plot was about a guy going to America and getting in legal trouble.

- another scene was in a sort of ballroom in a hotel (this was shot in the Nanjing Hilton, if I remember correctly).

- there were quite a lot of (young) foreigners in both scenes , mainly as extras.

- it aired some time after on a Channel that was accessible in Beijing  (my friend saw me while chilling in his hotel room). This could have been in 1999 or a few years later.