Chinese-Forums

Central China Normal University - Wuhan - Georgia

赫杰

To anyone in Wuhan or elsewhere in China, I will be attending CCNU: www.ccnu.edu.cn

starting this september for one year. If you want to laugh at my attempts of speaking chinese, and me making an ass of myself, then please feel free to contact me! Send me a private message for my contact information if you would like to meet up in China. Please help me if you can!! :)

To anyone in Georgia, USA: I have spent one year working with the international office setting up this exchange program between CCNU and Georgia Southern University. If in Georgia and interested in studying abroad to china for your college experience, then please look into the program at GSU! Why have I worked so hard to set up this exchange program? HOPE SCHOLARSHIP WILL COVER YOUR CLASSES IN CHINA, and I was lucky enough to recieve additional scholarships to cover my expenses...and I mean they cover EVERYTHING :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: I am very lucky and fortunate....

So please consider, and thanks everyone for their time!

HJ

• 3 weeks later...

I've had several teachers from the Wuhan area. Please be aware that, from my experience, people from Wuhan have trouble distinguishing between "L" and "N". So you may hear a lot of "Li hao ma" (Ni hao ma) or "Ta nai bu nai?" (Ta lai bu lai?). Other that that the people from Wuhan have been wonderful and once you have this under your belt you'll have a wonderful time there I'm sure.

Bill

hehe, HJ, The information is in my profile. :) . Pleasure to help.

(Just curious, did u feel a little disappointed when you saw the respond was not from a PLMM? :mrgreen: )

I've had several teachers from the Wuhan area. Please be aware that, from my experience, people from Wuhan have trouble distinguishing between "L" and "N". So you may hear a lot of "Li hao ma" (Ni hao ma) or "Ta nai bu nai?" (Ta lai bu lai?).

Haha, you are right. I hope i havent been tainted yet.

Just curious, did u feel a little disappointed when you saw the respond was not from a PLMM?

No, not at all actually. To tell you the truth, and sorry for offending anyone, but I really do not care for those who come to china or pursue learning chinese just for that reason. It makes me sick to think about it (literally, and I don't know why), so I often try not to and instead just focus on my studies.

So... anyway.... :roll::roll::roll:

Chenpv, can you tell me when you usually get online?

HJ

hehe, sorry HJ, I was thinking too much and i hope you dont mind.

Chenpv, can you tell me when you usually get online?
Sure, i am on line at night from about 20:00-24:00. :) We can talk either through QQ or MSN or Yahoo messenger, it's up to you. while we should add each other into the 'buddy list' first...

Please be aware that, from my experience, people from Wuhan have trouble distinguishing between "L" and "N".

Funny that you said that, because when I first read that I was like "interesting, i have yet to run into that problem" until that night, me and the older chinese doctor lady (who grew up in wuhan) that I now live with (just moved into) were talking and she was saying how she could get me a deal on tickets if I wanted to travel around china. But she kept saying "nv xing", I'm like "nv xing" wtf is that?!? So I interupted her and asked her, she pointed to the dictionary entry: 旅行!

Good point there, woliveri!

Chenpv: good luck on your test dude, I hope you did well and don't forget to buy a flower for your teacher!!! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, why the hell not?

For those interested in knowing what a student's life in Wuhan may be like, please see

http://www.blogcn.com/user59/hejie525/index.html

all entries can be seen if you click "全部档案文件"

criticism is highly welcome!!! this site, pm, at the journal site, don't care!! let the world know of my incompetence!! :)

I have already written a lot in it and will start to write in it every two to three days or so now. I like to practice new learned grammar structures often and try using them in different situations, so you SHOULD see a bunch of mistakes :wink:

I recommend this method to anyone, a good way to continue using/translating your chinese, even when you have no one to practice with at the time.

thanks thanks thanks

HJ