Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
歐博思

Z Visa in Year of the Authenticated 2018

歐博思

Found this  here and was wondering if it's still like this in 2018. Last time I applied, my "authentication" consisted of guiding my employer to my school's online graduates list. Been thinking to head back recently, and it seems I'd just need an FBI check and authenticated diploma by the Chinese embassy in the US? Anyone encounter any kind of strange hiccups while applying recently that one might need be aware of?

On a side note, have to say I'm a fan of the authentication trend. Smaller chance of lesser qualified coworkers who graduated from 'Adobe University' with a degree in basket weaving. 

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

NinjaTurtle

Are you trying to apply for a work visa? What instructions have you received from your future employer?

歐博思

Still just scoping out the process at the moment, not wanting to be surprised by any loose ends or unauthenticated documents. Want things to be able to move quickly when I find that right employer. Preparing for love at first sight if you will. 🧐

Baby Charlie

Just so you know that a background check is only good for 6 months in China! So, if you have your stuff authenticated now, and it takes a while to find your perfect dream job, your criminal record check may not be good. My Visa expires Dec 31, 2018 and my criminal record check is dated July 17, 2018. My employer actually counted the days to make sure it was less than 180 days!  This is an expensive, time consuming process, at least it was for me doing it from China through an agent in Washington DC. Good luck and yes this was put in place for a reason! China has been a dumping ground for losers from around the world, and I know my employer has sure hired some them!

• Helpful 1