Chinese-Forums

Z Visa in Year of the Authenticated 2018

歐博思

Found this  here and was wondering if it's still like this in 2018. Last time I applied, my "authentication" consisted of guiding my employer to my school's online graduates list. Been thinking to head back recently, and it seems I'd just need an FBI check and authenticated diploma by the Chinese embassy in the US? Anyone encounter any kind of strange hiccups while applying recently that one might need be aware of?

On a side note, have to say I'm a fan of the authentication trend. Smaller chance of lesser qualified coworkers who graduated from 'Adobe University' with a degree in basket weaving. 

Still just scoping out the process at the moment, not wanting to be surprised by any loose ends or unauthenticated documents. Want things to be able to move quickly when I find that right employer. Preparing for love at first sight if you will. ?

Just so you know that a background check is only good for 6 months in China! So, if you have your stuff authenticated now, and it takes a while to find your perfect dream job, your criminal record check may not be good. My Visa expires Dec 31, 2018 and my criminal record check is dated July 17, 2018. My employer actually counted the days to make sure it was less than 180 days!  This is an expensive, time consuming process, at least it was for me doing it from China through an agent in Washington DC. Good luck and yes this was put in place for a reason! China has been a dumping ground for losers from around the world, and I know my employer has sure hired some them!

• Helpful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leaving this here in case anyone from the US ends up searching this topic later:

I'll be doing #1 and #2 from the college section here fairly shortly.

Also, for anyone like me who also wasn't 100% clear on some terminology in this case:

A notary certifies that the university is the university in question, and the student is the student in question -- Validates the party.

An apostille basically bumps the notary up to international level as per the Apostille Convention --  An international party.

It's amazing how many times one can hear a word and not truly know what it means.?