Chinese-Forums

Taipei Learning Institute textbook

qmmayer

I took TLI classes years ago and liked the textbooks quite a bit.  My daughter is working on her Mandarin, but I naturally cannot find all the TLI materials that I once had.  I'm in the U.S., and the number for a TLI branch in California seems to be inoperable.   So two questions:

1) Anyone know how to purchase TLI materials?  The website references the New Practical Chinese textbook, but I have not been able to find a way to order online.  I've struck out on Amazon as well.  

2) Anyone willing to part with their introductory New Practical Chinese (上)?  

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I found these https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_13?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=new+practical+chinese+reader+1&sprefix=new+practical%2Caps%2C279&crid=2ZY357YJ8YWZX

It was not a problem to find them, so not sure why you had a problem, unless its not what you want.

Hope it helps, remember your daughter would also be welcome and it might be useful for her to join the forums:D

No, 'New Practical Chinese Reader' is a different series of books, published by BLCU.

The TLI have their own textbooks.  "New Practical Chinese 1 & 2" (not 'Reader') is the first set of books. 

See http://www.tli.com.tw/en/course/tli_textbooks.aspx

AFAIK, it is not possible to buy them new without actually studying there.  But you might find someone on this forum willing to sell their old copies to you.

I'm not selling mine as they have sentimental value :).

• Helpful 1