Chinese-Forums

Non-Drama Shows on Youtube

bande

I tend to prefer non drama shows for my tv watching. Here are some recent shows that I have watched on youtube that I haven’t seen mentioned yet. 

风物辽宁

It does general interest topics on areas around Liaoning. One show was focused on sea salt production, for example. I have a family interest in Liaoning so I enjoyed it, otherwise it may not be worth watching.

消费主张

The show has a series on night markets/cuisine in different cities(中国夜市全攻略)。It seems like a lot of the night market foods are getting more standardized over time. Are they copying one another? 

地理中国

This is kind of a national geographic type show. One episode was looking for a weird type of insect at Qingchengshan. Another involved cave exploration in Shaanxi.

• Like 1

Thanks for the interesting questions.

I looked up  风物 in Pleco and I came back with a reference from游斜川  by the author 陶潜   Táo Qián or Tao Yuanming. I was not aware of it, but it seems pretty famous. 

As for Southern China, I have a family member who just moved to Shenzhen, so I am curious. However, 深圳电视台 doesn’t seem to have much on youtube aside from news. I also looked at 广东电视台 and I haven’t found much there yet. Any recommendations are welcome. One of the 消费主张 episodes did focus on Shenzhen’s night food.

Otherwise, this week I came across 中国建设者 thanks to a show on the 京张高铁 construction project.