Chinese-Forums

Comprehensive Pinyin Drills

logos

Hello everyone. When I first wanted to learn Chinese awhile ago, I bought a tape and book. It was called "Modern Chinese" published by Peking University. I believe it was a reprint of an older 1970s Chinese language book for foreign students.

However, the book first started with pinyin drills, and they were very good. I followed the pronounciation as best as I could. There was even a full pinyin character table where every sound combination was read, and it was great practice.

I don't have the book and tapes anymore, and it seems like the other instructional material out there neglects proper pinyin drills. I think it's very important because it trains you how to form the new sounds with your mouth, and develop an authentic accent. I haven't seen any really good pinyin drills online with audio examples. (A continuous drill would be preferred, where a phonetic table is read out and you can follow it.)

Has anyone found a good site or resource? I may end up buying "Modern Chinese" just for this. The book is outdated with some vocabulary, but it's thorough. Something that most books today lack unfortunately.

Thanks