Chinese-Forums

Looking for a few good books...

Song You Shen

Even though I do not have prior teaching experience/training, I will most likely be going to China next year to teach English. I don't have enough time to take a few ESL-teaching classes right now, so I was wondering if anyone knows of a few good books that could show me the basics. I'm looking for a book or 2 that discuss common problems that asian language speakers face when learning English, and how these problems can be addressed.

I hope this is the proper forum to use.

Youshen

I don't think it's necessary to read specifically about teaching English to Chinese. I'd recommend an English grammar book like "Fundamentals of English Grammar" by Betty Azar. (Just an example.) And for specific class activities there are online resources and books, but that will depend on the age of your students.

阿弥陀佛..... Refer to 'How to creat an English Teacher' ISBN:002390VHD2

Anyway you are honest.

Wow, I got a "阿弥陀佛"... did I do or say something wrong? I looked up the book you suggested, but I can't find it anywear. :(

I currently have a brand new english grammar book that is excellent for learning English, so that will be helpful. But I would like to have something a little less technical. I rather read about what problems that other have encounted, so that if I encounter such an issue, I might have a better responce/answer to the situation.

Youshen