Chinese-Forums

深圳 - Where should I visit?

Apollys

Too bad you're visiting tomorrow. Give me a week and I might come up with an interesting place to visit in Shenzhen.

For Sichuan food, 巴蜀风月 has been around for years and is popular and reliable. Not necessarily worth a special effort -- there are a few branches dotted around -- but you won't go wrong if you're looking for standard well-prepared Sichuan cooking.

I like this amusement park. Been there several times.

Splendid China & Chinese Folk Culture Village (深圳锦绣, 中华中国民俗文化村) 

Excerpt from Wikitravel:

(Hua Qiao Cheng 华侨城 Metro Station, exit D, about 200 meters), [2]. In two sections: The first part is a miniature park of famous Chinese sites. You can find the famous Forbidden City, Terracotta Soldiers, Tibet Potala Palace, Huangshan Mountains, Yunnan's Stone Forest, and of course the Great Wall of China. This park is huge and covers 300,000 square meters, fully forested with beautiful greenery. The other part consists of 56 houses, each representing one of the 56 nationalities in China, such as Miao, Yi, Bai, Mongol and Uygur. You can find here real people, culture, fashion, habits, religion and language. Uygur women twirl to Turkish music, Miaos dance, a miniskirted Ming Dynasty troupe performs electronic versions of Ming music and dance. Do not miss the Mongol horse battle held daily. But the final Phoenix show is mind-blowing (ticketed on holidays). Afterwards near closing time there is a somewhat strange, spontaneous techno-light water splash fight in the splash area. ¥150.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • New Members

I‘m now in Shenzhen, China.

The Window of the world 世界之窗, a theme park at Overseas Chinese Town in Shenzhen, has vivid replicas of the world's wonders and historical heritages.

As for spicy food, you will like the 海底捞 HaiDiLao. It is great for Hotpot.