Chinese-Forums

Cellphone ( 手机) with Ge You

roddy

This seems to be the current big film here in China - adverts everywhere, and the DVD sellers on the street are waving their copies about proudly.

I quite enjoyed it, though the version I had only had Chinese subtitles and with the accents I was a bit lost at times - even the Chinese people I was watching with complained a bit.

It's a bit hard to say if this is a commentary on the place of the mobile phone in modern Chinese society, or just the world's longest Motorola advert, but either way it's worth watching. Ge You (Bu Jian Bu San, Cala shi Tiao Gou) is on good form as a philandering talk show host whose relationships with various women (all actresses I should probably be able to tell you the names of, but can't) are sabotaged by ill-timed mobile phone calls.

Roddy

Compared with other works of Feng Xiaogang, Cell Phone has a kind of sad tone, it described how bad part the modernized Cell Phone could play in married Men's life. Cell Phone is a bridge connecting a Husband and his lover, a tool of flirting during meeting (Remember that part?), yet always a traitor at last. Mr. Yan Shouyi (GE YOU) throw his cell phone into fire at the end, but who can put off fires of Lust in minds of millions married men?