Jump to content
Learn Chinese in China

Programs for teaching English in China


Recommended Posts

  • New Members

Hey guys! Do you know any programs that you would recommend to apply for? Currently I'm a 3rd year student in Ukraine, teaching English in my free time. I've heard that there are lot's of programs where you can stay in China for a year or so and I would really appreciate if you will share with me :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

  • New Members


7 hours ago, NinjaTurtle said:

Valera, you should wait until you get a four-year college degree, then get an English teaching job in China.

I like to plan everything in advance. Why not though? )

Considering all the possible options is the best thing to do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vellocet said:

Ukranians just work on business visas or student visas.  There are several in my town doing this.  They tell everyone they're Canadian. 



Indeed not to say its does happen! That's why I add 'legitimate' . You take the risk though. I know a few who teach English on the pretense of teaching Business but it's a hard sell if its too school kids. I teach on Z visa but not English and no TEFL,



10 minutes ago, mungouk said:

As well as having 2 years experience after graduation.


Does a TEFL cert exclude you from that? I have forgotten. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

Does a TEFL cert exclude you from that?


Possibly... finally tracked down a source for that:



Teachers of foreign languages. Teachers of foreign languages generally shall be
engaged in the teaching of their native languages and shall have a bachelor’s
degree or higher degree and language teaching experience of at least two years.
Those who have had degrees in the field of education, language or teaching, or
have acquired a qualification certificate of teaching at their own countries or a
recognized international certificate of language teaching
shall be exempted from
the restriction on work experience. 



(Page 4 of Evaluation Criteria for Foreigners Employed in China.)



  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...