Chinese-Forums

QQ is giving me unknown error 0x00000049

MicheleSP

As you know, I've posted that another thread about the stream, as I wanted to learn and see Chinese games. But matters aside, while I do know some Chinese, I still would like to learn more and be proficient in that.

Unfortunately, I am unable to log in to QQ International. I've downloaded the program, but the problem is that I am getting the unknown error 0x00000049 when I try to log in.

What may I do? I have tried to search everywhere, but they give me no results. I've restarted my laptop, but to no avaliable.

Hello Miss @Lu,

I've somehow fixed this issue by installing the normal QQ, latest version. By normal QQ, I mean that QQ that is avaliable only in the Chinese Language, not the International Version as it has English Language too.

1. Installed QQ International, got unknown error

2. Installed Tencent QQ (Non-International)

3. Ran QQ International again

It worked in these steps, I can now log in fine. However, on the My Apps page of QQ International, I cannot access Today, Qzone or any apps as it gives me a Network Error. Perhaps...These has already shut down...

Also...This forums has not got a edit option for me. :( This means if I find anything new, I will have to post again.

5 hours ago, MicheleSP said:

It worked in these steps, I can now log in fine. However, on the My Apps page of QQ International, I cannot access Today, Qzone or any apps as it gives me a Network Error. Perhaps...These has already shut down...

QQ (and WeChat) have fewer features when you install and use them overseas. Perhaps that's the problem. Are you overseas or are you in China? Also, they have different features when installed on a laptop versus a mobile phone. Which platform are you using?

Update on this thread. It seems like my QQ account has suddenly disappeared completely, because it's now giving me error saying the user doesn't exist, despite using correct name and password.

It did state that my account would be deleted if I didn't login for 3 months, but this is really strange as I've really, truly logged in to my account every day...

edit:

12 hours ago, mungouk said:

The edit feature will appear once you've made 10 posts or more, and are no longer considered a "new member".

That's strange. It appeared when I had only 5 posts.

• 1 year later...