Chinese-Forums

Foreigner's Work Permit processing time

Vidiashi

• New Members

I am an Indian woman with a Masters degree from the UK. I submitted all my legalized documents along with the signed contract for the position of a Science Teacher to the agent in China on 9/11/2018 and they said they have applied for my work permit online. It's almost a month and I haven't heard anything from them. Is this normal? How long does the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the PRC take to process Foreigners Work Permit? Any advice woutl be highly appreciated. Thank you.

The initial application for a work permit involves multiple steps that all take time. It isn’t actually just one thing. 

Based on “it’s been a month” alone, I wouldn’t set the alarm bells ringing yet. However, I would contact the agent for an update though if you haven’t already. If you have contacted them and they’ve ignored you then maybe it’s time to look for other jobs.

• Like 1

Assuming you live in a big city it would take longer? I'm in Hefei, and my work permit only took a week or two. Here was the timeline for my application last month (A application top-talent foreign national):

Step 1: Online Application for Work Permit Card - 5 working days 

Step 2: Physical Application for Work Permit Card – 5-10 working days (your original passport is needed on the submission day.) 

Step 3: Residence Permit application – 10-15 working days 
(Your physical appearance is required on the interview day and the passport will be held by the authority for the whole period.) 

The agency said it would be easier/faster since I was a category A.

• Helpful 1

• New Members

Thanks for responding to my post. Well, I was told by the agent it would take about 21 days to get the online application approved. But, I suppose, it all depends on the nationality of the applicant. The native English speakers probably get it faster.