Chinese-Forums

"Free, take one" for brochures

vellocet

I'm creating a brochure and I need the Chinese equivalent of "Free, take one!"  They'll be sitting around in racks and I want people to take them home with them.  What's the commonly used Chinese phrase for this?  It doesn't have to be a direct translation.  Just something they'll recognize and understand innately from other printed matter that conveys the same concept.  Bonus points for a graphic from Baidu Images or such that has the phrase.

2 hours ago, 889 said:

免费领取 sounds nice.

I think 领取 is more like to pick something up that belongs to you, or to go and collect something. I might be wrong, but I don't think it's the appropriate verb for this context.

I'd say 请拿一份,是免费的.

• Helpful 1

How about 免費取閱 or 歡迎取閱 (free to take and read / welcome to take and read) for this case.  I agree with anonymoose, 領取 sounds like you need to go somewhere and fetch it, though the phrase itself is quite common. Googling 免費領取 turns up a lot of "go to this website and you can grab an electronic coupon" results.  Another common expression is 免費索取 (free to request (e.g. a sample)).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roddy said:

赠品  I'd expect to see on a free gift with a purchase. Free lipstick when you buy a magazine, that kind of thing. 

Yes, wife said the same when I mentioned the question to her, not that she offered an answer herself. Hmph.

Since it’s for brochures, I think translate it to “免费宣传册” may be proper. That transition is easy for people to understand, and it can tell  people two things: 1. They are brochures; 2. It’s free.

If you are in mainland China, please print it in simplified Chinese. If you are outside mainland China, you can print it in traditional Chinese.