Chinese-Forums

Wechat Miniprogram

Dawei3

If anyone wants to create a WeChat Chinese language group, you may want to try a free miniprogram within WeChat called  小打卡 that allows people to record themselves (I'm not looking to create such a group).  Those who are English teachers could use it too. 

It's different than usual WeChat messages because it has a play/stop function and doesn't have the time limit of WeChat voice messages.  Also, the user and others in the group can post comments on their recording and those of others.  You can add pictures to it too.  One of the Toastmasters speaking clubs I interact with in China is using it as a supplemental English teaching tool for their members.  I just joined their 小打卡 subteam this week and I like what it does.  (I'm still figuring it out...)  

You can find the miniprogram if you click "Discover."  I don't know if 小打卡 has an English name because the group I joined is in China, so everything is in China.  Despite that my WeChat's language is in English, the miniprogram's name is still 小打卡.  (When using English, my friends in China call it its literal translation, i.e., "Punch card")  

(This miniprogram may have been around for a while, but I just discovered it thru the Toastmasters speaking club).

• Like 2