Chinese-Forums

"A (mildly improved) letter"

nipponman

Okay, as per Quest's suggestion, I have redone this recording, though I don't think I've done much better besides maybe in the rythm area. Here it is.

nipponman

P.s I've noticed reading Chinese aloud stresses me a great deal. I think I need more pratice at this.

P.p.s I'm waiting for roddy's version:mrgreen:

You should slow down. Let's try the first two sentences first?

Pronounce each word slowly and clearly:

最近你们身体好吗?工作忙不忙?我们快要考试了,所以我现在特别忙。

PS: your rhythm isn't right, I keep hearing a Japanese rhythm.

PPS: I added my own recording.

Ok, I guess I heard shibo's "a letter" and tried to increase my speed a little bit.

Sounds great! Keep up the good work.

Why do people post these things if they ain't true? Oh well.

***EDIT***

Thanks Quest.

Question: Why do you pronounce ma5 as ma1? Is this the way to do it? Just wondering, maybe I should clean out my ears.

nipponman, try to raise your pitch a little on 吗, it's really a short 1st tone, also the 好 could be a little longer. 你们's 们 is a light 2nd tone, not all 5th tones sound the same. 所以我 -- I would say 2 2 3, but shibo would tell you it's 2 3 3, so I dont know. Also, a little more "y" on 要, otherwise very good!!

Ok' date=' I guess I heard shibo's "a letter" and tried to increase my speed a little bit.

Why do people post these things if they ain't true? Oh well.

***EDIT***

Thanks Quest.

Question: Why do you pronounce ma5 as ma1? Is this the way to do it? Just wondering, maybe I should clean out my ears.[/quote']

you elongate the sound usually if you want to emphasise whatever you are trying to say or get the other person's attention.

like if you are in a place looking for a person and yell "有人在吗?“ the 吗 is ma1

another example is say... you haven't met your wife for a long time... and when you do meet her you excitedly say "老婆!你还好吗?“ etc.. you get what I mean.