Chinese-forums.com
Learn Chinese in China

• Why you should look around

Since 2003, Chinese-forums.com has been helping people learn Chinese faster and get to China sooner. Our members can recommend beginner textbooks, help you out with obscure classical vocabulary, and tell you where to get the best street food in Xi'an. And we're friendly about it too. 

Have a look at what's going on, or search for something specific. We hope you'll join us. 
feihong

Awesome Chinese Webcomics

Site Sponsors:
Pleco for iPhone / Android iPhone & Android Chinese dictionary: camera & hand- writing input, flashcards, audio.
Study Chinese in Kunming 1-1 classes, qualified teachers and unique teaching methods in the Spring City.
Learn Chinese Characters Learn 2289 Chinese Characters in 90 Days with a Unique Flash Card System.
Hacking Chinese Tips and strategies for how to learn Chinese more efficiently
Popup Chinese Translator Understand Chinese inside any Windows application, website or PDF.
Chinese Grammar Wiki All Chinese grammar, organised by level, all in one place.

feihong

A few comments about putting together this list. 

I read a crazy number of comics to make this list, but probably my favorite individual chapter so far is episode 41 from 黑色放映机. This strip features a classic horror set-up (don't open that suspicious-looking door), but the twist at the end seems completely random unless you happen to be a fan of very old-school Japanese anime.

It is much harder to decide on what my favorite series is. For me, there is no doubt that the best completed series is 魔女. A very well-done mystery/thriller, and also the only fictional work I've encountered where data science and statistics play a major role in the plot. The most promising series is probably 山海戮, which combines lush, Miyazaki-inspired fantasy art with some fairly impressive world-building.

I would be very appreciative of solid recommendations in the 古风 (historical) category. Personally, this is the most valuable category for my own language learning goals, but it is very difficult to find a suitable series in this category since most 古风 comics contain little 古文, i.e. the characters wear historical garb but the dialogues are mostly modern Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

imron
3 hours ago, feihong said:

but the twist at the end seems completely random unless you happen to be fan of very old-school Japanese anime.

So random I didn't even realize there was a twist, or get what it was about.

feihong
4 hours ago, imron said:

So random I didn't even realize there was a twist, or get what it was about.

The twist is 多啦A梦

• Thanks 1

imron

I suppose you'd have to have read 多啦A梦 to know the door was a thing for him (which according to Wikipedia it is).  TIL.

roddy

Excellent work!