Chinese-Forums

Changing Tourist visa

javier

Hello, it's my first post in this really helpful forum, and I hope you can help me; this is my question:

Does anybody know if the private schools can change the tourist visa into a student one? which one?

And on the other hand, if you enroll a semester course in a University, what kind of visa you get? a 1 year or a 6 months one?

Thanks for all

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me that most, if not all, public schools can convert a tourist visa for you. They will probably only get you a visa good for the length of your enrollment period. Private schools can probably help you get a business visa, but probably not for more than a year.

One strategy that, while a little shady, may work for you would be to apply for admission to a year of study at a public school and use the letter of admission to get a visa in your home country. Once you're in china you can still change your mind about that school and enroll elsewhere without losing your visa.