Chinese-Forums

Graduate, english-taught computer science university search

fultonm

• New Members

Hi all,

I am finishing my undergraduate in Computer Science in the U.S. at UW Tacoma. I have learned a bit of Mandarin, and I want to take my Mandarin skills to the next level by pursuing a master's degree in China. However, my Mandarin level is currently just above the HSK 1 level, so I would not survive any curriculum taught in Chinese. My master's program should be 1) taught primarily in English 2) be in the field of computer science, preferably AI and machine learning, but any sub-discipline will do.

Some programs that I have found on my own that meet this criteria is at Shandong University: http://www.istudy.sdu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=show&id=592

and this one at Beijing Institute of Technology: http://isc.bit.edu.cn/admissionsaid/undergraduatate/computer/computeriencetechnology/index.htm

But I have no point of reference if these are the schools and programs I should be looking at?

I am a semi-competitive student, my undergraduate GPA is just average (3.3) but I lead two large student organizations on campus, a very large programming club and a Chinese language club I founded.

Please let me know if you have experience in this area or can help me in my search and thank you very much for reading 

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You might want to check out one of the two Sino-British universities in China (which both teach in English, at post-graduate level):

I just had a quick look at the other one, University of Nottingham Ningbo, and it doesn't seem to be running taught post-graduate programmes in CS, although the school of CS does offer MPhil and PhD.

XJTLU also offers a research masters (MRes) if research appeals to you.

• Like 1