Chinese-Forums

Question regarding multiple CSC accounts and applying to multiple universities

bboy1987

I am applying to multiple universities by creating multiple accounts on the online application system for CSC/CGS.

Let's assume I get admitted to more than one of them.

1) Do I get to choose which school I go to?

2) If not, what is the process/how is it selected?

3) Is there a way to let the government know the priority level of each school you have applied to? (e.g. 1 Nanjing University 2 Sichuan University 3 BNU.... and so on....)

4) Does the chronological order of schools you submit your applications to matter (regarding selection)?

It's been a very confusing topic for me. If anyone can offer what they know, I would appreiciate it a lot! :)

Thank you!

Good questions, i'll try to answer best to my knowledge 

1) actually i don't know what happens if you're accepted by more than one. Guess the one you show up for is the one for you, but i'm not sure if that's how it works

2) again, no idea

3) yea, that's why you have first choice, second choice and third choice on your application

4) if you mean by sending multiple different application of Type A and Type then no, i don't think so

Don't worry, it's confusing to everyone. Good luck :) 

13 hours ago, bboy1987 said:

Let's assume I get admitted to more than one of them.

Dont worry, you cant haha the scholarships are granted by the scholarship council (both apllying through Embassy or directly to your target uni), your name and passport, even if applying with multipple accounts, its the same. The government will only allow one

1) Do I get to choose which school I go to?

Nop. If granted the scholarship the council will send you where they find you a convenient spot (that is, how many int students can a uni have, how much the cost, etc etc)

2) If not, what is the process/how is it selected?

Your documents will be send to your target unis (the ones you chose in the application online) if granted the scholarship by the council and one the unis accepts you thats it. But, if granted the scholarship and no one accepts you, they might try to find you a spot somewhere else :) But if no one else accepts you thats it

3) Is there a way to let the government know the priority level of each school you have applied to? (e.g. 1 Nanjing University 2 Sichuan University 3 BNU.... and so on....)

In the order you chose in the apication

4) Does the chronological order of schools you submit your applications to matter (regarding selection)?

Nop

Thank you kasper and Gabriela!

I have a way better idea now and I'm glad I asked :)

Regarding #3 though,

https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login

In the CSC online application

I can't find the section where you get to choose your priority... Maybe I'm asking a dumb question but when I scroll down

1) Program Application Category and Agency Information

2) Personal Information

3) Education and Employment History

4) Language Proficiency and Study Plan

5) Other Contacts

6) Supporting Documents

I've filled out the application and I expanded all the sections in the process but I don't see it :(

Where can I find the part where you choose your top choices?

Thank you

Nevermind I think I found out the answer while experimenting with a new account.

First of all, I'm applying directly to the uni so I chose "Type B" under 1) Program Application Category and Agency Information

When it's under the default state, which is Type A, it shows the section with preference #1, 2, and 3 under Language Proficiency and Study Plan

Once I change it to Type B and enter a specific Agency and hit Save, the application form automatically updates and now the preference choices are gone

So I guess as Gabriela mentioned

"Your documents will be send to your target unis (the ones you chose in the application online) if granted the scholarship by the council and one the unis accepts you thats it. But, if granted the scholarship and no one accepts you, they might try to find you a spot somewhere else :) But if no one else accepts you thats it"

I won't get to choose but it depends on the order in which the uni accepts me?

Thank you

• 1 year later...