Chinese-Forums

Help with application to Chinese university

Czero

Hi. I'm an American citizen and I'm planning to study in Guangzhou starting in the 2020 school year. I've picked out a school and the courses I want to take, but I'm having trouble navigating the website and could use some help with the application process. I'm also interested in any scholarships to take care of my expenses when I'm there and could use some advice with that as well.

I'm in contact with the school I'm going to via email, but any additional guidance would be very much appreciated. I've also been contacted by a group called AT0086 and was wondering if they're legit/helpful with the application process.

Thanks in advance.

For scholarships, look for the CSC and CIS topics on here. Any specific questions on the application process?

You're already in touch with the school by email and you've got plenty of time. I don't see any need for an agent unless the school recommends one and it isn't costing you anything. How did At0086 come to contact you?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

They contacted me via email. To tell you the truth, I probably signed up awhile back and just don't remember.

Although I'm in contact with the school, responses tend to be pretty slow and I still haven't gotten an answer if I can apply for the 2020 school year this far in advance. At0086 did say they can take care of it and I really don't mind paying extra for an agent to make sure everything is dealt with correctly, I'm just not sure if they're a legit company or not.