Chinese-Forums

Best films in Chinese for the student...

Shadowdh

After a most cursory glance and search (I fully admit) I was wondering what would be the recommendations for Chinese (Mandarin) language films for the student to watch... any in particular or are the all good to get the aural skills up to play... Cheers

While movies are enjoyable to watch and can be benificial, I would recommend finding some TV Series' instead. TV Series are so long, and I personally find it easier to pick up phrases, words, guestures, etc... from characters that I watch over a period of time. Since most movies are 1-2 1/2 hours long, it can be a little harder to be so easily emerssed into the language.

Youshen

It really depends on what type of movies you like to watch. If you're more into comedy or thriller, I don't have any good suggestions (but I'm sure there are those around here that could give you a couple). If you're into watching Drama and/or Wuxia then I would recommend watching 倚天屠龙记 (yi tian tu long ji), 天龍八部 (tian long ba bu) or "Warriors of the Yang Clan". These are a few of the ones that I have personally enjoyed, though I am sure there are more... but it is hard to find english subtitles for them. ;) Hope that helps.

Youshen

In my case, I thought watching modern tv-series drama are easier to understand than Wuxia / ancient tv-series (even though I like those more).

If you like modern tv-series, some of the good ones are 情深深雨蒙蒙 (Romance in the Rain) or 流星雨 (Meteor Rain).

As for ancient drama, I like 还珠格格 (Princess Returning Pearl) . :wink:

• 4 weeks later...