Chinese-Forums

Anki 2.0 Add-on: Vocabulary Unsuspender

ankiwanki

• New Members

Hi everyone! I made an Anki add-on for anyone who is studying individual hanzi with one deck, and vocabulary with another. The add-on checks the hanzi deck to see which hanzi you have "matured", and then unsuspends any vocabulary from your vocab deck that consists only of "mature" hanzi. This helps you control what vocabulary you are exposed to by first letting you get comfortable with recognizing and writing hanzi before seeing examples of it in vocab. I haven't tested it yet, but this should also work to unsuspended cards with entire sentences instead of just a 1-3 character vocab word.

If you are using a Remembering the Hanzi deck like me, I believe this is especially useful since this ensure that you only progress to a characters reading and vocab after you have its writing down. I got the idea from back when I was studying Japanese, and used WaniKani, which had a similar functionality of introducing a character, and then later showing you related vocabulary as you practiced that character more and more.

Please let me know what you think / if you have any problems or ideas!

Link: https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1974655937