Chinese-Forums

Asking for the right answers

李爱

Hello! 

I just wanted to ask for the right answers for these questions... 

In these 2 paragraphs, are my 标点符号 right? 

我家有五口人,爷爷   、奶奶、爸爸、妈妈和我。爸爸在电脑公司工作,他是一名工程师;妈妈在一所学校教数学,爷爷和奶奶早就退休,但他们也有很多活动;爷爷在老年大学学习书法,他最喜欢说的话是:“活到老,学到老”,奶奶喜欢养化,每天精心伺候我们家四季常开的鲜花。

一位先生来到一个工地看见3个建筑工人在干同样的活,于是他问其中的一位:“在做什么?”,那个工人回答道:“你都看到我在做一块砖”,那位先生又问第二个工人:“在忙什么?”,他一脸不高兴地回答:“我在做一个窗增”,第三个工人在听到同样的问题时,兴高采烈地说:“我在盖一座大教堂。”

And in this table, which is more suitable to which? 

Thanks a lot in advance

IMG_20190513_021813.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This looks like homework. Not much point in getting someone else to do it for you, is there?

If you posted your best efforts I am sure people would be happier in giving you some help, but no one is going to be very happy about just doing it for you.

Give it your best try, post it and see what happens.

• Like 3

@Shelley

Thank u so much for accepting me in! 

This was not a homework, this was in a 写作 book that I studied all by myself for an exam, and the teacher refused to help me with it + no one knew the right answer for the 标点符号 question, that's why I searched every where for someone to help me with it and eventually found this website.

as u can see I did the 标点符号 question myself and just wanted someone to tell me if I'm right or not, as for the table question I had a lot of doubt about the final answer so I chose to ask for it instead of getting it wrong in the test ?Thank you! 

@李爱 I understand what you are saying, but still it seems wrong. Who is going to mark you for this work? Will they not be able to explain where you went wrong so you can learn it?

You need to do it the best you can on the exam and you will get the mark you deserve.

What you can do is study punctuation in general or ask a question about punctuation.

As for your table question you have made no effort at all. If you get it wrong in the test then that is what you should get if you don't know it. If you get all the answers here and then get full marks that is not the mark you deserve, in fact it is not far removed from cheating. I think you know in your heart that this will not help you.

You need to know these things, not just pass a test. This is probably why your teacher refused to help, she had your best interests in mind.

Please feel free to ask questions. This forum is full of friendly helpful people who would be more than happy to help, but we also know the value of learning the things you need to know yourself.

@shelley 

As u can see bellow, these are screenshots of my 历史 trying to find an answer for the questions I posted here "which I didn't find anywhere" so I posted the answer here and in other 2 websites to get the right answer before my exam, I was not expecting this kind of reply which made me very surprised. But thanks anyway ?

IMG_20190513_171141.jpg

IMG_20190513_171238.jpg

IMG_20190513_171341.jpg

IMG_20190513_171400.jpg

@Shelley

I think that what you're saying and what this website is made for are the opposite. 

First of all u don't know me well to say what I deserve and what I don't, and u don't know my teacher as well cause if u knew her well then u will know for sure that she doesn't like to tell any answers to make sure that no one gets good mark, believe or not, teachers like this do exist. 

This website (and correct me if I'm wrong) is made so that people help each other in answering questions like these, in my case, how would I know the right answer if I looked it up everywhere and couldn't find it so I chose to ask Chinese people to help me instead! But the answer I was looking for was not what I expected! 

As for the answers someone already helped me answer, and about this website I do regret posting here because of u and ur attitude. ?

While in English what we call a run-on sentence ("This is probably why your teacher refused to help, she had your best interests in mind.") is frowned on, it's accepted in Chinese. But that doesn't mean it's a good idea to take advantage of your new freedom and endlessly run independent clauses together. As with paragraphing, say, you need to both consolidate the parts and set them apart to promote intelligibility.

So in your first paragraph, I'd change the punctuation to a full stop in a few places:

数学,爷爷 >  数学。爷爷

活动;爷爷 >  活动。爷爷

到老”,奶奶 >  到老”。奶奶

But note that others might punctuate this differently.

• Helpful 1

@李爱I am sorry that you feel that way. I had no intention of upsetting you.

I hope you do stay around the forums as you can learn a lot.

I see that from your history that you very kindly posted, shows that you tried a lot of places and they also did not have an answer for you. I was not alone then.

I don't regret trying to enlighten you as to the pros and cons of getting given the answers. Again I say you need to know and understand these things not just pass an exam.

I wish you well and hope you do well on your exam.

@李爱

for your second exercise, you didn't propose your own answers.

But at least some of the possibilities are not probable.

For instance, would you say that 生气地欢迎我们 and 迟到地骂他的孩子 are probably good answers?

Once you have found several probably good sentences, the remaining sentences will be easier to find by elimination, even if you're not sure of the exact meaning.

So I suggest that you post at least a few sentences that you find probably good and we will give you feedback on them. And then it will reduce the problem to a smaller number of sentences to "guess".

(I'm assuming that on the test you will have a similar exercise but maybe not the exact same sentences. So you need to understand how to solve this kind of exercise and not learn these exact sentences by rote memorization. Well, I could be wrong :mrgreen: )

• Helpful 1

@889

From what the teacher explained in class, she said that in sentences like this she would put ;instead of 。

but then I hade this one friend that told me the same thing u just did, but I don't understand why do we have to end the sentence when we can use ; as it's still in the same 内容?I mean the old me would definitely put 。and end the phrase ?, but after learning 标点符号 they all seem messy! 

Thanks for replying by the way ?

@Edelweiss

Thank u for replying! 

In fact in the table exercise I didn't have any problem in answering it, except for only 3 状语,when I posted this I was really tired of trying and searching everywhere and didn't think much of it that I just submitted it and went to sleep and I'm sorry for that (not explaining which one I thought was difficult)  

This is my answer which I know are all right

急急忙忙地跑过来
兴高采烈地庆祝胜利
迫不及待地打开了包裹
迟疑地往前走
生气地骂他的孩子
风趣地开了一个玩笑
热烈地欢迎我们
客气地谢绝了他的邀请

The last 3 I actually did not get right but then someone on another website told me the right answer for them,somehow I reversed all 3 of them but eventually got them right by the help of someone

激动地说
得意地拿出他自己画的画儿
迟疑地往前走

Thank u! 

• Like 1

@edelweis

For the second time today I was not trying to get someone to do these questions for me, I was not trying to cheat, I was not trying to do anything other than asking people who know the right answer to help me with it. 

I'm not the kind of person that memorizes the questions and answer them in test and then forget about them,  what I actually care about more than my grades is my Chinese speaking, as u can see in my history screenshots that I tried so hard to find the right answer on Google and 百度 but in vain, which lead me to this website and another 2.

In the other 2 websites, i think people actually understood what i wanted which was "help" but i didn't think that i'd have to prove myself for people that i don't know and they don't know me back. 

Thank you ?

我家有五口人,爷爷、奶奶、爸爸、妈妈和我。爸爸在电脑公司工作,他是一名工程师。妈妈在一所学校教数学。爷爷和奶奶早就退休,但他们也有很多活动:爷爷在老年大学学习书法,他最喜欢说的话是“活到老,学到老”;奶奶喜欢养花,每天精心伺候我们家四季常开的鲜花。

一位先生来到一个工地,看见三个建筑工人在干同样的活,于是他问其中的一位:“在做什么?”那个工人回答道:“你都看到我在做一块砖。”那位先生又问第二个工人:“在忙什么?”他一脸不高兴地回答:“我在做一个窗户。”第三个工人在听到同样的问题时,兴高采烈地说:“我在盖一座大教堂。”

• Helpful 2

14 hours ago, 李爱 said:

In fact in the table exercise I didn't have any problem in answering it, except for only 3 状语,when I posted this I was really tired of trying and searching everywhere and didn't think much of it that I just submitted it and went to sleep and I'm sorry for that (not explaining which one I thought was difficult)  

If I had known this I may have not been so hard on you. Now maybe you can see how I thought you wanted people to do the entire thing for you instead of just checking what you had done.

• Like 1