Chinese-Forums

Gillette razor blades in shenzhen

marcop1

Taobao, tmall jingdong etc would be a good place to stay rather than running around the place trying to find them. Cheaper too I'd imagine. 

Pretty widespread here in Beijing but there are so many different fitting for those damm razor's it's hard to know which one is the right one.

• Thanks 2

And to be fair, some Western-branded stuff is made specially for the Chinese market in China and may not be up to the same quality as that sold in other markets. That is, I wouldn't expect a Gillette blade sold in China that looks identical to one sold elsewhere to necessarily perform just as well.

There's a reason so many Mainlanders like to shop in Hong Kong.

• Thanks 1
  • Helpful 1

Yes.  Just go to a foreign grocery store and you’ll find them.  I used to live in Shekou, Shenzhen.  Silver Palate on Wanghai Lu would have.  The grocery store Ole near Sea World would have them.  Lots of places, pretty easy to find.

• Thanks 1

That’s true. The Gillette blades I’ve got in a Chinese supermarket feel inferior. Also, I am not that hairy so a blade usually lasts a while but with those one they’re blunted quickly. 

• Like 1