Chinese-Forums

Comic Reading Project #16: The Universe Store (宇宙商店)

feihong

After a long hiatus, I thought it would be good to start things up again with a low-commitment reading project. Every chapter of 宇宙商店 is a very short and complete story, written and drawn by a different artist.

As always, feel free to ask questions about anything you don’t understand. If you decide to read this comic, let us know which story was your favorite!

Character set: Simplified
Difficulty: Intermediate. It might lean more towards advanced, but the stories are so short that intermediate learners might be able to deal with looking up a large percentage of the words.
Genre: Science fiction short story anthology
Number of chapters: 16 (as of July 2019)

9544ADC8-BF8F-494E-96E0-2A00932688EC.png44148F7A-CE41-481B-B386-9BFDBD9E33B1.png8AD4834D-C49A-4338-8D34-F6AB3EC50FB8.png

• Like 2

I’ve read all 17 chapters so far, and I think my favorite is probably 潮汐. The old school manga art style is delightful, and the story is bizarre and a little bit funny. Might be one of the harder ones since there’s a smattering of classical Chinese.

FE852060-F055-4CC3-9E88-18FEB3D52ED6.png