Chinese-Forums

Scholarship and Language Course in China

pan.kasper

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding the language course in China while receiving a scholarship for other, unrelated major. So I was awarded an university scholarship (not CSC) at Zhejiang University for my masters degree in Law. This will be my second time in China, before I have studied a language course at Chongqing University for one year and it was an amazing experience (would totally recommend to anyone). Now, during my year in Chongqing many of my classmates and colleagues were masters students who were receiving scholarship for their specific degree, but also taking language course as their own choice, not required for their major. My question is whether the cost of such language course would be covered by the scholarship or university if i decided to sign up for it (which i'm really inclined to do if the schedule of my other classes doesn't collide with it)?

According to the website, the full price for language course per semester is 9,000 kuai which is an insane amount of money for me right now to pay. Therefore it would be happy to hear that it's either free or discounted for current students/recipients of the scholarship. Does anyone of you have similar experience? 

Thanks a lot :)

When i was at university at Zhejiang in 2013-2015 I also received a scholarship (not from CSC- from the uni) to study a Masters. I was in your situation and was also keen to take some language courses, unfortunately I had to pay for them myself in full. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 杰.克 said:

When i was at university at Zhejiang in 2013-2015 I also received a scholarship (not from CSC- from the uni) to study a Masters. I was in your situation and was also keen to take some language courses, unfortunately I had to pay for them myself in full. 

thanks a lot for your reply. It's very helpful :) 

So you paid 9,000 yuan per semester for the Chinese classes?