Chinese-Forums

Speechling - anyone like it?

suMMit

I tried out the free version of Speechling by answering these questions. The teacher listens and gives you feedback. The ones with "amazing" or whatever, don't seem very helpful at all, I guess I know she understands me and they aren't glaringly bad, thats about it. I am going to try asking her a follow up question about one of the "outstanding" ones, because when I listen back I feel I over stress a particular word. I do find the ones where she commented and modeled it back to be pretty helpful though. I also like the idea of answering the question prompt. There are several other modes like describing, shadowing as well, but I didn't try them.

你有多少个秘密?my spoken answer  / Teacher: ? Fantastic!

如果你赢得彩票,你会怎么办? my spoke answer /Teacher: Outstanding!

什么是最好的减肥方式?/ my answer / The teacher recorded a message correcting my tone on Ban4fa3, and read that segement of the sentence  again with the right pronunciation, in a natural way

你最后一次乘火车旅行是什么时候?my spoke answer /Teacher: ? Outstanding!

你最后一次运动是什么时候?
When was the last time you played a sport? / my spoken answer / teacher corrected me that I answered with 明天 ? instead of 昨天。 “因该说昨天下午做运动了“ again, with a very clear natural voice

Thats the site's I question, not the teacher's. The teacher just listens and gives feedback. The teacher is from Beijing. Her accent is standard/normal. For me, I don't know the word for lottery, I must have looked at the translation :). I answered 我会不上班。 Btw, with the free mode you get 15 sec (I think) to record, longer with the paid version. You can record 10 recordings free, unlimited with the paid. I might try a month, if for no other reason than it forces me to record myself everyday.

17 hours ago, abcdefg said:

Isn't 中彩票 more common, more 地道?Wonder where that teacher is from.

We actually talked about this yesterday during my ESL class at the senior center. Most students favored 中奖彩票.

• Like 1