Chinese-Forums

Daniu - Happy China

beijingbooty

I just got an email from "Daniu" Daniel, the co-host from Happy China progamme on CCTV.

That is really cool that such a high-profile guy would bother emailing me. I will admit I have criticized him in the past, but kudos to the guy for personally sending me an email.

HIs mandarin is stunning, and I am seriously envious of that.

He claims he earns little cash and works very hard. I know have heard that said of Da Shan also, but I really find it hard to believe that such high profile westerners with such good mandarin cannot make a large amount of money somehow in the China of today.

There must so many opportunities for these guys to make a fortune.

He just emailed you out of the blue? Or was he responding to something you said about him?

Similar thing happened to Sinosplice, here.

I don't rate Happy China very much, and if it looks good it's probably in comparison to the rest of CCTV's output. I don't see any point in laying into the big guys though, be they cows or mountains - presumably they aren't producing or directing, and they just do what they're told for a wage. It's a bit like chucking rocks at a soap opera actor because his character is cheating on his wife.

Dashan is currently on the ads for some English learning device - not sure Daniu has the same kind of level of recognizability though.

Roddy

Actually in this forum there're some members who have gained reputation in blogsphere. They're not famous enough to get onto TV, but still I had known their names before coming here. We have owner/contributor of 我的中文闹学记 and DANWEI. It's really unappropriate for me to mention their member id, but it's no secret at all, as long as you pay attention to posts and profiles here.

yes, Daniel from Happy China emailed me.

He saw one of my old posts on this forum, which was not entirely complimentary, and obviously felt the need to respond to me.

Hey, at least I drew some attention from a celeb. That was a buzz !

He isn't too bad, just a bit of a showman.

THat's kind of cool - I guess if you stick yourself on TV then you are open to criticism, but there's no reason not to respond.

Roddy

PS Do you think if I make lots of posts being rude about gorgeous female celebrities they'd . . . nah . . . .wouldn't work.

Do you think if I make lots of posts being rude about gorgeous female celebrities they'd . . . nah . . . .wouldn't work.

No, it wouldn't work. But that's not because they don't care. It's because, it's hard to critisice them on an intelligent level, and, they don't use computer. (If any female celebrity members here think I'm rude. GOOD GOOD, I draw attetions! :lol: )