Chinese-Forums

Still haven't received my package from the US

Pengyou

My sister sent me a package around 9/3 from the US via the USPS.  About 2.5 weeks ago, she looked up the tracking number and found that it had been transferred to China, but I have not been contacted yet.  She can find no info on the website for contact number in China.  Does anyone know how to follow up on this? 

How was it sent? If by Express Mail you probably would have received it by now. If not, you could probably expect it after the National Day holidays sometime. Was your phone number on the package? Do you have a photocopy of the address panel to verify the address is correct?

She files a lost package search with USPS in the US, which no doubt sends it on by sea mail to China. As I recall, they don't accept missing package reports until a month or more has gone by.

Does USPS have a partner in China? If so, find out who. If you have a tracking number you could contact them directly. 

For example, I had a package get “lost” here in China sent from the U.K. It was sent U.K. parcel force which partners with EMS here in China. I had the tracking information. I rang EMS and found out where the package was. I actually went to the depo and spoke to a guy who gave me a better number to ring. The problem was the address information was incomplete. In the end, I provided the correct info and they sent the parcel on. 

When looking at the info on the box it seemed like whoever had inputted the address info in the U.K. (in the post office) had done it completely wrong. 

From then on I always get whoever is sending something to stick my address in Chinese on the package and also my mobile number. I’ve had issues again but they always just call me straight away and we sort it out. 

• Like 2

Yeah, when sending packages ALWAYS get the sender to tape a strip of paper with the Chinese address to the outside.  And if you're going to cut out a strip might as well include your China phone number as well.  Regardless of what the paperwork says, this is always what they need in China to get your package to its destination.  

A bizarre story on attitude: a Chinese colleague who lives in the US shipped infant formula to China.  It was damaged during delivery IN CHINA.  China Post realized it was a prohibited import and wouldn't refund her the cost of the lost shipment.

Get this:  She was super super pissed at the US Postal Service.  Why?  Because they should have realized she was shipping something illegal.   She also said it shows bias against Chinese in the US.   It was one of the most bizarre conversations I've ever had.    

• Like 1