Chinese-Forums

International Transference from Mainland China

Kaiselin

Hello, 

So I have a bank account in Bank of China. I am currently in Beijing. 

I'd like to make an international transference to Sweden.

Is there a way to do so? Has anyone used those third-party apps like TransferWise? or how have you been able to do an international transfer with your local Chinese bank system?

Thanks.

You have to find out from your Bank of China branch what documents they need from you, given the source of the funds, your status in China, and the amount.

Bank of China branches always seem to have a plaque at the entrance reading, "Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here," but what can you do.

To transfer money out of China at the bank you need proof you’ve paid tax on your earnings (it’s a print out with taxes paid on it) a copy of your contract (stamped etc), and maybe another tax related thing. If you ask your employers HR or a bank they should give you exact information. 

Yes, exactly. I need to transfer some money to my bank account in Sweden. I called customer service of BOC today and told me to go to my bank branch and make the transference. There should not be much problem.

Thank you for reading and sharing your comments. 

You should be able to transfer maximum 500usd per day with nothing other than your passport (but there is something around a 100 kuai fee)

a chinese friend can transfer whatever amount you want, very quickly and easily using Alipay.

Ah, didn’t see that info here.

In that case, as above, you’re limited by the transfer amount.

If you have the tax info you can send as much as you want as long as you show you’ve paid tax on it. 

Hi. I managed to send the money abroad. It was a middle-low 4 figure amount and I had no issue when I went to my local branch.

They only asked for my passport but I also took the transaction document (just in case) from the Bank where the money came from. It took about 40 minutes to do the whole process. They did charge some fees of course. ~200 RMB at Bank of China, and the bank abroad will also charge some fees. 

But just to leave the topic clear, there was not a limit of $500 per day. It may be a limit but it wasn't the case for me. 

Hope this helps for anybody and thank you for your comments!