Chinese-Forums

Translation help!!

xuechengfeng

I know this is a lot, so if a few people want to take a few at a time, whatever works. I just need help because I have a test on Tuesday. (sh) Thank you for your help, if you do. :mrgreen:

上海﹐福州方面的四十五次列車﹐現在開始檢票了。

-- I'm mostly confused on the purpose of fangmian. I know that this is saying something about starting to punch tickets....... --

姑娘讓出窗口的座位﹐杜丘和同生坐下。

The woman gave up/got out(?confused by rang?) of her window seat, then Du Qiu and Tongsheng sat down.

站住﹐ 上哪兒去﹖哼﹐哼﹐好了﹐這個案子可給你做絕了。甭說你們廠保衛科﹐就是公安局來也不會懷疑第二個人。你要是把我們給抬了﹐人家也不會相信你。不信就試試。

"Stop, where are you going? Good.. this case leaves you no more room for maneuvering. You needn't speak to your factory's security office. Even if the Public Security Bureau comes, they won't be able to suspect two people. If you ____ , others won't believe you. If you don't believe us, then try."

嘿﹐嘿﹐嘿。。。﹐所以你就不懂了吧。這小兩口啊﹐要想和和氣氣過日子﹐就得有個人﹐特別的聽話。他說甚麼你都聽著。至於做不做﹐那就靈活掌握﹐啊﹐哈哈哈。

"So I suppose you don't understand. This young couple wants to live a pleasant life, then there are others who are especially obedient. Everything he says, you hear. As to you do or don't, you're agile to master" :x:x:x:x

你這寫的是甚麼﹖叫你寫交代﹗他們﹗他們是他們﹐你是你﹗各有各的檔﹗不要一出了事就往別人身上推﹗我問你﹐到底是怎麼回事﹖你痛快點說嘛﹗

"What did you write? (I) told you to write a confession! They! They are they! You are you! Each has records! If you don't want trouble, don't shift blame on other people! I'll ask you, in the end what is the result? Say it straightforward."

你想過沒有﹖你進廠多不容易啊﹗派出所﹐居委會替你說了多少好話﹗那麼多的待業青年都沒有安排﹐廠裡首先安排了你。你想想﹐你這樣做對得起誰呀﹐啊﹖

"Have you thought or not? Entering the factory is not very easy. The local police station and local committee said a number of good words for you! So many youths awaiting employment are not taken care of. The factory took care of you first. You think, who would be worthy this way?"

當穿制服的乘警走過來的時候﹐杜丘和年輕人正吵得不可開交。 (confused about dang)

When the uniformed police officer walked over, Du Qiu and the young man were just locked in a quarrel.

唉﹐這些年鬧騰的﹐別的沒有﹐盡出這種貨。

These youths cause a disturbance, others haven't, always producing trash? :wall

對這種流氓小偷﹐就得狠狠打擊。跑到那兒也不行﹗

I wanted to viciously strike this hoodlum thief. Running anywhere isn't OK. :wall

不知為甚麼﹐我總有一種預感﹐老覺得你好像要出甚麼事。說說吧﹐心理有甚麼不痛快的事﹐說出來﹐反倒會痛快一點。

"I don't know why, I had a premonition, I always thought you resembled someone in trouble. Why don't you say, you aren't happy. Say, anyways you are able to do it straightforward."

我甚麼都說了。人家不相信﹐說了還不是白說﹗哎﹐從前是我不好。可現在我改了﹐我改了還不行嗎﹖憑什麼還拿對賊樣的眼光看著我﹖我有不是一塊破麻布﹐甚麼髒的爛的東西都我身上擦。

"I've said everything. Nobody believes me, saying anything else is in vain! Formerly things were not good. Now I have reformed, I have reformed, but that's still not OK? On what basis am I looked at like a thief? I am not a tattered rag (couldn't find characters for mabu), ______________________________"

不能這麼說。信任是相互的﹐象我們這樣的年輕人﹐相信別人和被別人相信都不是一件容易的事。這需要我們付出雙倍的努力才行啊﹗你說對嘛﹖你去福州幹甚麼﹖

:-? ???????

在車廂裡﹐姑娘打開杜丘給她的書﹐翻著﹐終於找著了附有同生照片的一片文章﹕“從失足青年到新長征突擊手。”這是她不禁又回想起同生對她的關懷和說過的話﹐不由得眼眶中滿是淚水

In the train, the woman opens the book Du Qiu gave to her, flips through, and finally sees the picture of Tongsheng and the essay attached: "The the missteps of youth to the new _______." She is unable to keep from recollecting about the concerned words from Tongsheng, and is unable to keep from swelling with tears."

That's ok, Chinese hates you for the same reason :twisted:

1) Are you sure it isn't 方向 and not 方面? - ie 'the train to . . .'

2) Gave up - she let them sit there. 让座 - to give you your seat to someone (eldery, pregnant, threatening . . .)

3) Not sure about 給抬

I'm not going to read any more, because traditional characters make me dizzy :mrgreen:

Roddy

I'll do one:

不能這麼說。信任是相互的﹐象我們這樣的年輕人﹐相信別人和被別人相信都不是一件容易的事。這需要我們付出雙倍的努力才行啊﹗你說對嘛﹖你去福州幹甚麼﹖

"Don't talk like this. Trust is a two-way street, and for young people like us trusting others and being trusted in turn isn't easy. It requires us to put out twice the effort. What do you say to this? What are you going to Fuzhou for?"

Let me try, one by one.

上海﹐福州方面的四十五次列車﹐現在開始檢票了。

I'm mostly confused on the purpose of fangmian. I know that this is saying something about starting to punch tickets.......

上海﹐福州方面的四十五次列车﹐现在开始检票了。

The forty-fifth train services sets for Shanghai and Fuzhou is starting to punch tickets.

Xx次列車 is the Xth time of train services

姑娘讓出窗口的座位﹐杜丘和同生坐下。

The woman gave up/got out(?confused by rang?) of her window seat, then Du Qiu and Tongsheng sat down.

姑娘让出窗口的座位﹐杜丘和同生坐下。

You might need the check the contexts carefully again. It might mean the girl gave up the seat by the window but still sat in the same bench, or she left her original seat and went away.

嘿﹐嘿﹐嘿。。。﹐所以你就不懂了吧。這小兩口啊﹐要想和和氣氣過日子﹐就得有個人﹐特別的聽話。他說甚麼你都聽著。至於做不做﹐那就靈活掌握﹐啊﹐哈哈哈。

"So I suppose you don't understand. This young couple wants to live a pleasant life, then there are others who are especially obedient. Everything he says, you hear. As to you do or don't, you're agile to master"

嘿﹐嘿﹐嘿。。。﹐所以你就不懂了吧。这小两口啊﹐要想和和气气过日子﹐就得有个人﹐特别的听话。他说甚么你都听着。至于做不做﹐那就灵活掌握﹐啊﹐哈哈哈。

Hey, hey, hey… So you don’t know the trick in it. If a young couple wants to live a happy life, some one in them must be especially obedient. This one must listen to whatever the other says. Do it or not? Well, it depends! Hahaha!

你這寫的是甚麼﹖叫你寫交代﹗他們﹗他們是他們﹐你是你﹗各有各的檔﹗不要一出了事就往別人身上推﹗我問你﹐到底是怎麼回事﹖你痛快點說嘛﹗

"What did you write? (I) told you to write a confession! They! They are they! You are you! Each has records! If you don't want trouble, don't shift blame on other people! I'll ask you, in the end what is the result? Say it straightforward."

你这写的是甚么﹖叫你写交代﹗他们﹗他们是他们﹐你是你﹗各有各的档﹗不要一出了事就往别人身上推﹗我问你﹐到底是怎么回事﹖你痛快点说嘛﹗

What’s on your paper? I told you to write a confession! They! They are themselves! You are yourself. Each one has his own records! Tell me, what happened on earth? Just tell me directly!

當穿制服的乘警走過來的時候﹐杜丘和年輕人正吵得不可開交。 (confused about dang)

When the uniformed police officer walked over, Du Qiu and the young man were just locked in a quarrel.

当穿制服的乘警走过来的时候﹐杜丘和年轻人正吵得不可开交。

“When” is 當……的時候.

唉﹐這些年鬧騰的﹐別的沒有﹐盡出這種貨。

These youths cause a disturbance, others haven't, always producing trash?

唉﹐这些年闹腾的﹐别的没有﹐尽出这种货。

Ai, the disturbances for all these years has made nothing but this garbage (means some bad things or bad eggs).

對這種流氓小偷﹐就得狠狠打擊。跑到那兒也不行﹗

I wanted to viciously strike this hoodlum thief. Running anywhere isn't OK.

对这种流氓小偷﹐就得狠狠打击。跑到那儿也不行﹗

As for this hoodlum thief, you must give him a heavy beat. You can’t avoid them by running away.

不知為甚麼﹐我總有一種預感﹐老覺得你好像要出甚麼事。說說吧﹐心理有甚麼不痛快的事﹐說出來﹐反倒會痛快一點。

"I don't know why, I had a premonition, I always thought you resembled someone in trouble. Why don't you say, you aren't happy. Say, anyways you are able to do it straightforward."

不知为甚么﹐我总有一种预感﹐老觉得你好象要出甚么事。说说吧﹐心理有甚么不痛快的事﹐说出来﹐反倒会痛快一点。

For unknown reason, I have a gut feeling that there is something terrible might happen on you. Say it, if you have something unhappy in your mind. Come on and say what’s in your mind, so that you may feel better.

我甚麼都說了。人家不相信﹐說了還不是白說﹗哎﹐從前是我不好。可現在我改了﹐我改了還不行嗎﹖憑什麼還拿對賊樣的眼光看著我﹖我不是一塊破麻布﹐甚麼髒的爛的東西都我身上擦。

"I've said everything. Nobody believes me, saying anything else is in vain! Formerly things were not good. Now I have reformed, I have reformed, but that's still not OK? On what basis am I looked at like a thief? I am not a tattered rag (couldn't find characters for mabu), ______________________________"

我甚么都说了。人家不相信﹐说了还不是白说﹗哎﹐从前是我不好。可现在我改了﹐我改了还不行吗﹖凭什么还拿对贼样的眼光看着我﹖我不是一块破抹布﹐甚么脏的烂的东西都我身上擦。

I have said everything. Nobody believes me, saying anything in vain! Long since I was to blame. But now, I have turned over a new leaf! Isn’t it OK? Why am I looked at like a thief? I am not a tattered rag for you to wipe on any broken and dirty things. (You can’t associate any bad thing with me.)

Two typos here. One is that 有 is 又, "又不是”. The other is that 麻布 is 抹布wash cloth, rag.

长征突击手:ranger in Long March

Thanks!