Chinese-Forums

I'm looking for the following

Dan Bang

I have been thinking in the directions of using a flashcard program to avoid the mountain of the monotuos work that's involved with creating your flashcards by the hand technique. Besides, it should be stressed that I'm doing a semester course, so it's the textbooks that constitute the centre of my learning. However, I have noticed the following "lacks" with the program I have tried this far (Chinese Practice 3.0.2): it allows me to create a list for each lesson, but as far as I can figure the program out, it's not possible to practice words/characters across the lesson system. What I'm interested in is a program where I can mantain the lesson structure - so I can review a lesson in it's whole. But I would like this aspect to be combined with a function that allows me to have lists across the lessons with, let's say, the easiest, the in between and the most difficult characters - this way I can carry out a more general review as well, where I can practice the most difficult characters in a whole. The problem with the program I have used this far is that it would require me to make new lists with serious amounts of copy and paste. I would prefer a smooth function where each word/character just is a unit you can move/copy from list to list - so that it is possible to update the lists of characters across the lessons quite smoothly.

I was also wondering whether some programs should have the words/characters already in their system. The program I use now have an explanation (meaning plus pinyin) for the words/characters given by an integrated dictiionary/database, however, this is not included in the review function (but the explanation seems much more comprehensive than a few other flashcard programs I have seen, why can't this be included in the review function?) - where you have to type the translation and the pinyin as well as the characters. Isn't it possible to get a program where you just can type the characters, and then the program itself would integrate the pronounciation and the translation into the review function.

I have already tried to use the search function on the board, but it seems somewhat difficult to find what I'm looking for without any advices from people who have tried various programs... Thanks in advance!

p.s. I'm not sured whether this is the right forum.

Dan