Chinese-Forums

Traditional + Simplified Vocabulary Decks on Anki

fionvarre

• New Members

I think this question might have been asked multiple times already, but I needed to ask again since my situation is rather unique:

I'm looking for Anki decks that I can use to both refresh and improve my Chinese.

I'm overseas Chinese, but never really bothered to learn Chinese property even though I've had Chinese classes since, well, kindergarten. I was taught traditional character and bopomofo, and I picked up a few of the more common simplified characters along the way too.

Because of my background, I can already manage the following, and probably won't need basic resources for these:

1. Pronunciation/ tones

2. Writing Chinese characters (though diagrams on stroke order would be nice, to help me confirm I've got the strokes right)

3. Basic grammar (as my grammar is probably at least upper beginner, and more likely to be intermediate level at this point).

What I do need is some vocabulary and chengyi decks with both traditional and simplified characters on the same flashcard where applicable.

My current vocabulary can't be classified by level, as I have basic words mixed up with advanced words, and a lot of stuff missing in between. This time around I'd like to learn both the traditional and simplified equivalents, because my ultimate goal is to be able to read/watch both traditional and simplified media without needing to cross-check all the time.

I'm hoping some of the more experienced forum members can help me out with pre-made decks, or at least references to decks that I can Frankenstein to suit my needs...