Chinese-Forums

HELP ! I don't want to be kick out from China

FollowJeremy

• New Members

Hello everyone !

Let me introduce myself: my name is Jeremy, i'm 25 years old, and I have been living in Chengdu for about 11 months.

I have left my job recently at 电子科大 because i want to get more free time to study chinese. A friend of mine told me that it is pretty easy to get a student visa if I subscribe to a mandarin language center but I have visited 3 of them so far, and they told me they don't provide visas.

My friend tells me that it is weird because otherwise they wouldn't get any students.

What i'm looking for exacly: a language center with other expats (foreigners) in intensive classes (group mandarin learning) where the school can provide student visa.

My friend went to this school in Kunming they delivered him a visa : ttps://keatschinese.com/

Also, i could study to university, but now I have until the end of February to find a new visa (and the next term is in March). Otherwise, i will be kick out from China. I don't want to go back to France because I love China, the food, the culture, the people and the lifestyle.

Also, studying chinese 1 day per week for a couple months on my own room all alone helped me reach a level of HSK3 in chinese. I'm quite happy of that and i didn't expect it at all, as I had been working like crazy for about 11 months.

If I cannot find any school like that in Chengdu, i will have no choice but leaving Chengdu to go to Kunming to study chinese.

Thank you so much for your help ! Look forward to reading you !

Regards,

Jérémy

6 hours ago, FollowJeremy said:

My friend tells me that it is weird because otherwise they wouldn't get any students.

nothing weird about it, people on work visas, spouse visa, holiday visa. They don't provide visas because they are most likely illegal language schools and not registered with the Ministry of Education . Very common in China . 

any universities nearby? Sign up to the cheapest, turn up every now and then, back date the sign-in registry 

9 hours ago, FollowJeremy said:

I have left my job recently at 电子科大 because i want to get more free time to study chinese

Isn't 电子科大 a school/college? Were you studying there or working there? If working there, what were you doing? What kind of visa have you had up until now?

Your story doesn't add up. 

This all sounds very odd, don't you need a release letter from your ex employer? I thought you would have to go back to your own country with a clean passport ie all the correct stamps exit and entry, the letter from your employer and other relevant paperwork.

Then you start the process from your own country - choose a university, college or similar. Go through the process of obtaining a student visa, buy flights, arrange accommodation, get medicals and secure your finances and anything else that is required.

I am not sure doing this from within China is possible but I am no expert by any means but years of reading the many different scenarios posted by people here on the forums and the answers from some very well respect members makes it all seem that something you are trying to do is not right.

• New Members
14 hours ago, DavyJonesLocker said:

any universities nearby? Sign up to the cheapest, turn up every now and then, back date the sign-in registry 

As I said, the next term is in March and i don't have time to subscribe to an university. Plus I am a YouTuber (I have a project on YouTube) so I would like to get as much free time as possible to to my own projects, and a language center sounds better than the university to do my projets. If going to the university was the only solution i would do it, but i will see if I have time to subscribe, and if i meet the conditions required.

11 hours ago, abcdefg said:

Isn't 电子科大 a school/college? Were you studying there or working there? If working there, what were you doing? What kind of visa have you had up until now?

电子科大大学 is a college. I have been working here for 11 months as a French teacher for adults, and 4 months for children once a week. Until now, I have had a working visa (Z Visa)

4 hours ago, Shelley said:

This all sounds very odd, don't you need a release letter from your ex employer?

I will get the release letter pretty soon from my employer. They just applied to the police for me to stop the Z Visa, and i will transit from a Z Visa to a humanitary Visa soon, and I will get the release letter. My friend told me i could subscribe to a mandarin school thanks to that letter and therefore, get a student visa.

4 hours ago, Shelley said:

Then you start the process from your own country - choose a university, college or similar.

I don't want to go back to my country and do all of the process again. It takes ages... Plus  I feel pretty good in China: I have my own routine and don't want to break it. Also, I have many projects on YouTube. I'd like to stay in this country whilst i'm studying chinese.

• New Members

OK. I have just got reply from 2 schools (one in Chengdu and one in Kungming: see attached)

I have just replied this to them:

Greetings

Does that mean that will the visa i will get (humanitary visa), i won't be able to get a student visa directly from China ?

Regards

Jérémy

Let us see what goes next... ^^

17 hours ago, FollowJeremy said:

i will transit from a Z Visa to a humanitary Visa

When your residency permit is cancelled you will get a 30-day "Stay Visa" (停留 — type "T").

The 30 days starts from when your residency permit is cancelled... which may be a few days before you get your passport back.

"Humanitarian" (人道) is one of the reasons they can give for the issue of the Stay Visa. 

17 hours ago, FollowJeremy said:

I don't want to go back to my country and do all of the process again. It takes ages... Plus  I feel pretty good in China: I have my own routine and don't want to break it. Also, I have many projects on YouTube. I'd like to stay in this country whilst i'm studying chinese.

I am afraid that when it comes to dealing with the chinese visa system what you want doesn't count for much. There are processes, rules and stamps to get. 

A few more details would be helpful:

1) How much longer do you want to stay in China for?

2) Are you ok to go back to France to apply for a new visa there?

3) What kind of course are you looking for? A proper school will require you to be a full time student, studying every day intensively Mandarin, which will cost money (quite a bit more than a university course usually). If you are just looking for a visa going via a legit Chinese language school is definitely not the cheapest option.

Although you don't want to leave Chengdu, you might not have any choice. I'm not sure if universities can help you change to a student visa and extend your stay while you're in China, but I know that you can through a Chinese language school because I've done it.

Your only way to stay in China might be to move away to somewhere that has a language school that can get you a visa.

I changed from a tourist visa to an X1 student visa in country by signing up in person for classes at Bincai 滨才汉语学院 in Harbin. http://www.bincairh.com/

They handled everything, and they can put you in contact with someone to rent an apartment. Make sure you bring your registration form of temporary residence. You fill out some simple forms, pay for your lessons in advanced (minimum 3 months to get student visa), give them your passport and about 2 weeks later go with them and a couple other students to the PSB to pick up your passport.

As for studying at Bincai, it was a very good environment and I can't praise the quality of instructors enough, they are very professional at their job. The lessons are delivered entirely in Chinese and the way they use Chinese as the medium of instruction to teach Chinese is just brilliant. Surprisingly, they also deliver Russian, Japanese, Korean, German and even French lessons so maybe you could do some French tutoring on the side.

10 hours ago, LinZhenPu said:

I changed from a tourist visa to an X1 student visa in country by signing up in person for classes at Bincai 滨才汉语学院 in Harbin.

But Jeremy is hoping to change from a work visa (Z visa) to a student visa (X1 visa.) That's a different kettle of fish.  

• 3 weeks later...