Chinese-Forums

Pinyin Input: Ways to Improve Typing Speed?

Tan

Hello all,

I am trying to improve my Chinese typing skill, mostly doing it more often.  I currently use the official Windows 10  Input Method Editor (IME) to convert my pinyin directly to simplified Chinese.  However, my speed could use a lot of improvement, and it is very awkward due to switching from English --> Simplified --> Traditional.  Does anyone here have any experience with ways to improve typing/texting skills?  Advice on Linux, iOS, Android, etc. is also welcome. 

-------------------------------

提高打字速度怎么做?

大家好,

有一天我要提高我的打字能力。 我想天天学习。现在我更Windows 10拼音input method editor (IME)打字。 可是觉得不够。我的打字速度不好。而且语言改变太难(awkward)。您们可能帮助吗?

Interesting!  I had heard "我打错了” used to for dialing the wrong number but I guess it also applies to typing as well.  Makes sense!

----------------

(Below) I'm not used to using the phase "曾经用来," so feel free to suggest a revision if this grammar is inaccurate...

哦! 非常好!  我听说“我打错了“ 曾经用来打错误的电话号码的时候。很合理吧!

1、There are some problems with the Chinese sentence.

On 1/20/2020 at 4:28 AM, Tan said:

I am trying to improve my Chinese typing skill, mostly doing it more often. 

我一直在努力提高我的中文打字技巧,大部分时间都在努力做这件事。

I currently use the official Windows 10  Input Method Editor (IME) to convert my pinyin directly to simplified Chinese. 

我当前正在使用Win10官方输入法(IME),将我输入的拼音转换成中文简体字。

However, my speed could use a lot of improvement, and it is very awkward due to switching from English --> Simplified --> Traditional. 

然后,我觉得我的打字速度应该还可以提升很多,而且当我从英文切换成简体切换成传统输入法时,使用IME很麻烦。

Does anyone here have any experience with ways to improve typing/texting skills?  Advice on Linux, iOS, Android, etc. is also welcome. 

这里有人知道有什么可以提高中文打字技巧的方法吗?适应于Linux,IOS,Android等系统平台的方法也欢迎告诉。

2、I'm a Chinese software engineer.The most popular Chinese IME in China is SouGou Input Method, https://pinyin.sogou.com/.It's support Mac,Linux,Mobile.You can simple switch from English ->Simplified, you just need to press the shift key.

3、My email is dongchenglong360@gmail,you can send email to me if you have any other questions.Welcome to China.

SouGou.png

• Helpful 2

You used to could be able to write a character by typing "u" and then the radical and other components. For example,《umamama》made 骉 or《uyueri》made 明.  But it doesn't work any more in my Windows 8 MS-IME.  

For Android, I recommend TouchPal.  The Western IMEs suck at Chinese, and the Chinese IMEs suck at English.  Touchpal is the only one I've found that's acceptable in both languages.