Chinese-Forums

Big Bad Chinese Firewall of China

zotium

Is the firewall in China same across all cities?

each firewall is different, but the entire system is provided a guiding hand. as politically needed, websites are removed and added to the black list and white list.

as far as i know, there is no way to understand why some sites are baxxed (banned by proxy).

Hi mate,

you might try this one. Maybe it will help you. It worked for me on a company proxy which closed a lot of sites.

By the way, the time i spend in china it was very hard to understand their proxy. One day i could got my emails from a freemailer like web.de on the next days the site was banned. After some days it was open again. It's strange.

Hope I can help you.

Mike

Hi mate,

maybe this will help you.

http://www.masternewmedia.org/news/2004/07/16/bypass_firewalls_while_remaining_anonymous.htm

It work for me on a company proxy which close a lot of sites.

The time i spend in china it was strange. Someday I was able to get my email from a freemailer like web.de the next days I could not reach this server after some days it was open again.

Cu Mike

• 3 weeks later...

i cant for the life of me get that Your Freedom thing to work. ive set my web proxy to localhost 8080, socks to 1080, and started the YF server connection. i keep getting Authentication Failed when connecting to the YF server, and my Firefox keeps saying the proxy isnt working rite. help?

Tor used to work... :wall

I got about 2 months of uncensored internet access out of it earlier this year before the net nanny blocked each of the onion servers individually. If you can read the Tor FAQ page on the EFF site (which you may find is blocked in China) you'll see that the team working on Tor realise that it won't break The Great Firewall as Tor has to publish the IP addresses of the servers openly. :evil:

• 4 weeks later...