Chinese-Forums

Who can translate this Chinese tag?

Abccobra

As Roddy says, bit of a struggle with the blurriness but both words describing the component textiles appear to end with the character 纶 which suggests it's not real fur - second fabric looks like 绵纶 polyamide. First word too blurry to even guess.

@Shelley, I don't know about other countries, but where I live (Germany), people definitely believe that all fake fur from China is actually real fur. They are convinced that it is easier and cheaper for the Chinese to use real fur than to artificially produce it. I had my ethics questioned for wearing a knit hat with the most obvious fake fur pom pom.

@Ruben von Zwack Interesting, never come across this way of thinking here. In fact - rightly or wrongly - most things from China are considered copies, cheap knockoffs and certainly wouldn't have any quality materials used in it.

I think this idea has lessoned in recent years and we have all come to expect some % of things from China as much higher quality but definitely not using fur. I think that where ever you come from you would want to ask a premium price for real fur becuase you know you can get it.

Also importing it will cause problems, it will be checked for being on CITES and unless it has been cured properly it won't be allowed to enter the country. Real fur is fraught with problems to move around.

Fur is expensive, why sell it as fake when you can get more for it as real?

I think you might be thinking of a luxurious coat, but usually, the concern is about trimmings and pompoms, made of strips and small pieces of artificial fur or genuine fur that isn't luxurious, like rabbit or raccoon. If you google "fake fur real fur" you will find some pieces by the BBC on the problem. I bet that is why the OP was wondering.

I think the only way to know for sure will be burning a few hairs and see how they react.